Fall is here but we are still enjoying some summer weather, which is the perfect time for a fall-friendly salad. There are a wide variety of options when it comes to creating a beautiful and delicious Italian-inspired salad including adding a fabulous lemon vinaigrette.
Today a can of white beans was the inspiration for one of these refreshing meals we are sharing. It is an Italian-inspired salad with plump green olives, avocado, frisée, tossed with a lemon vinaigrette (all of which were found on the shelf — including some fruity olive oil!).
You can try some variations of:
- 1 1/2 cups of salad lettuce of your choice
- 2-3 slices of prosciutto
- 1 TB peppers or pepperoncini
- 1/3 cup cucumber, onion or another crunchy veggie
- 3 TB croutons
- 3 green herb olives
- 1/4 cup dressing
- 1 TB cheese (or cheese substitute) of choice
Or you can add in some cannellini beans, avocado, frisée, and a light lemon vinaigrette like this one:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (diced or grated)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme or other herbs (as desired)
Calling All At Home (or outside of the Home) Chefs and Cooks
Do you enjoy experimenting with new recipes? Or maybe you stumbled upon a delicious combination of foods that you are itching to tell someone about? If you have simple recipes or food inspiration ideas to share, we are ready for them! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us here.
Not familiar with Birch Community Services? Find out more about this great program and if it’s the right fit for your family!