September 1, 2021
Contact: Andrew Rowlett, Andrew@bcsi.org
Monday: 7:00 am to approximately 3:30 pm.
Wednesday: 7:00 am to approximately 3:30 pm.
Friday: 7:00 am to approximately 3:30 pm.
$17-18 per hour DOE
Covid-19 Vaccination Preferred
Applications only accepted with resume and cover letter.
No phone calls, please.
Above all else, embrace and internalize BCS’ guiding principles to direct all our efforts to build healthy, stable families.
In general, responsible for intake, organization, and distribution of donated product. Responsible for ensuring that warehouse safety and maintenance processes are maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Dry Areas 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Self-motivated to address warehouse needs in appropriate time frames.
- Orderly organization of dry warehouse space, and regular cleaning procedures.
- Inventory control and record keeping, in alliance with other BCS employees.
- Forklift and electric pallet jack operation.
- Management of safety procedures and record keeping, in alliance with other BCS employees.
- Appropriate management (with grace 🙂) of numerous untrained volunteers.
- Interaction and servicing of other agencies and their representatives.
Driver 7:00 am – 3:30 pm (As needed)
- Responsible for safely and efficiently picking up donations from numerous in-kind donors in different BCS trucks.
- Loading and unloading of product in accordance with various donor facility safety processes.
- Development of relationships with donors, in coordination with Operation Manager.
- Maintain the safe operation of all warehouse equipment and vehicle fleet, in coordination with Operations Manager.
- Maintain schedules for preventative maintenance and ensure that facilities are inspected regularly to identify current and potential maintenance needs.
- In coordination with the Operations Manager, assist in the continued development and implementation of policies and SOPs that provide clear standards and drive accountability in the cleanliness and safety of BCS facilities.
- Two weeks paid vacation per year, based on your weekly hours.
- Five days paid sick time per calendar year
- Yearly Costco Membership
- Participation as a Shopping Employee
- Paid holidays (if the holidays fall on normally worked days)
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Highschool degree or equivalent experience. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Proven working experience in warehouse maintenance and operations. Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 30 pounds.September
Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
September 1, 2021
Part-time position, 10-12 hrs/week, remote work possible
Join a team founded on a belief that true charity comes from empowering each individual to restore his or her capacity to be self-sufficient. At Birch Community Services, participants are offered a holistic approach to achieve financial sustainability and achieve their goals.
Position Objective: Increase visibility of Birch Community Services in the Portland Metro Area for a variety of target audiences (such as volunteers, financial donors, in-kind donors, and prospective program participants).
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
-Create a strategic marketing plan to help Birch Community Services gain visibility
-Determine appropriate metrics for tracking marketing success to assess current marketing techniques, and adjust for future techniques
-Build connections and awareness in the community
-15+ years marketing experience, or equivalent
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Highly organized and self-motivated
-Empathetic to others with a wide range of backgrounds
-Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of media industry
-Graphic Design experience
-Social Media experience
Wages: $15-$30/hour, based on experience
Please submit resume and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.