Warehouse Cooler Associate
March 20th, 2023
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION: Warehouse Cooler Associate
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
SALARY: $18-22/hr, DOE
Applications will only be considered with resume AND cover letter sent to email@example.com.
Above all else, candidate must embrace and internalize BCS’ guiding principles to direct all our efforts to build healthy, stable families.
In general, Warehouse Cooler Associate is responsible for intake, organization, and distribution of refrigerated donated product. Responsible for ensuring that warehouse safety and maintenance processes are maintained.
Full time hours:
- Monday: 9:00 am to approximately 8:30 pm.
- Tuesday: 9:00 am to approximately 3:00 pm.
- Wednesday: 9:00 am to approximately 8:30 pm.
- Friday: 9:00 am to approximately 8:30 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Refrigerated Areas 9:00 am – 8:30 pm
- Self-motivated to address warehouse needs in appropriate time frames.
- Orderly organization of cooler and freezer warehouse space, and regular cleaning procedures.
- Inventory control and record keeping, in alliance with other BCS employees.
- Forklift and electric pallet jack operation.
- Management of safety procedures and record keeping, in alliance with other BCS employees.
- Appropriate management (with grace J) of numerous untrained volunteers.
- Driving to pick up product as necessary in BCS trucks.
- Interaction and servicing of other agencies and their representatives.
- Development of relationships with donors, in coordination with Operation Manager.
- Maintain the safe operation of all warehouse equipment and vehicle fleet, in coordination with Operations Manager.
- Maintain schedules for preventative maintenance and ensure that facilities are inspected regularly to identify current and potential maintenance needs.
- In coordination with the Operations Manager, assist in the continued development and implementation of policies and SOP’s that provide clear standards and drive accountability in the cleanliness and safety of BCS facilities.
- Three weeks paid vacation per year, based on your weekly hours.
- Five days paid sick time per calendar year
- Yearly Costco Membership
- Participation as a Shopping Employee
- Paid holidays (if the holidays fall on normally worked days)
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent experience. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Proven working experience in warehouse maintenance and operations. Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 30 pounds.
Coming Mid 2023
Financial Literacy Counselor
Bilingual Candidates are Preferred
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION: Financial Literacy Counselor (FLC)
REPORTS TO: Financial Literacy Manager (FLM)
LEVEL/STATUS: Full-Time, Non-exempt
SALARY: $50,000-$60,000, depending on experience, non-exempt plus benefits
PURPOSE: Birch Community Services, Inc. (BCS) mission is to build a financially stable community by providing education, food, and nurturing accountability. The successful FL Counselor candidate will teach the re$tart financial literacy course, meet individually with participants for the initial goal setting and family vision meeting, provide follow-up coaching and meet at least every six months with participants. The FLC will also manage the progress of families assigned and have initial and annual meetings to determine the necessary next steps and progress towards goals. The FLC will work with systems for tracking and reporting on the outputs related to impact of families in coordination with the Financial Literacy team.
FAMILY FINANCIAL MEETINGS (70%)
Objective: In cooperation with the FLM and team, the FLC will meet with families and focus on story-based intelligence gathering, situational analysis and equipping them with practical next steps on financial and career-related growth. This “story-based intel” gleaned from factors inside and outside of BCS will be used to help families learn to better manage their resources and to assist BCS in improving our programs and developing new ones.
- Meet with assigned families within 2-3 months of starting with BCS and twice a year (every 6 months)
- Quarterly email check in (alternated between 6-month meetings) with each family
- Review participant financial information to ensure accuracy and goals
- Discuss and develop practical next steps for each family
- Maintain confidentiality and respect for each family
- Send follow up communication for tracking and accountability
- Report to the FLM weekly on the findings and outcomes associated with family meetings
- Meet w/ families regarding late notices
TRAINING PROGRAMS (20%)
Objective: In cooperation with the FLM and team, will help develop and implement best-in-class curriculum for courses designed to fulfill BCS’s stated mission. The FLC is responsible for teaching a portion of re$tart and other related financial classes.
- Help develop and teach curricula
- Teach BCS’s finance class re$tart
- Assist in monitoring BCS training-related measures of effectiveness including:
- Increased creation and utilization of a financial plan
- Increased emergency savings and decreased debt
- Increased stability in the family unit
- Assist the FLM and FL team with program outcomes
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and transition rates
- Assist with office tasks and other duties as requested
- 2+ years of experience coordinating or training adults
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Birch Community Services
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent group facilitation skills, including the ability to teach others
- Highly organized, able to juggle multiple priorities, take initiative and work in a team approach
- Flexible, energetic, creative and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with composure
- Diplomatic and refined conflict management skills
- Skill with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Personal finance training, and stable financial standing per FLM
- Experience in financial counseling
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Experience with a CRM (like Salesforce)
- Experience with developing statistical reports
- Knowledge of case management and/or best practices