Please have all agency representatives read through these guidelines before shopping at BCS. Please keep a copy for your records.
Shopping Times and Guidelines
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 9:00 – 10:15 am (check in at 8:45 am)
Holiday closures: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Black Friday, Christmas, and New Year’s Day (Jan. 1, 2021)
Pick a Shopping Day
Agencies that have been cleared to participate may come to shop on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday no later than 9:00am. Choose one day as your regular pickup day and come weekly on that day. If you cannot come that day, you may make it up another day that week. It is not necessary to call if you are substituting your regular day. Please have a consistent point person shop for your agency.
- Only one person per agency is allowed in the warehouse (MUST be wearing a mask that covers nose and mouth). Additional help may wait in the parking lot (only 2-3 helpers total to assist you). Children are not allowed at BCS during agency shopping time.
- Open-toed/backless shoes or heels are prohibited in the warehouse.
- Smoking is prohibited on the premises.
- Please use the restroom before arriving at BCS.
- Agencies are not eligible to refer families for participation on this program. If you know a family in need, please have them apply for participation on our website.
- Agencies are required to fill out an update form with us annually at the beginning of the year. In addition, it is the agency’s responsibility to fill out an update form noting any significant change in the agency.
- Any participating agency that does not exhibit our cultural values and principles or has not attended for one month without communication will be removed from the program.
Agencies are required to check in for shopping. Check-in begins at 8:45 am. You may line up at the warehouse door #2. Please do not arrive in the BCS parking lot before 8:30 am and be out of the parking lot by 10:15 am. We have many volunteers and donors coming and going every morning and need the parking lot free after this time. You may return empty crates, etc., to the warehouse after 8:30 am.
All agency paperwork is located on the rack (where the clipboards are) in the warehouse.
Please use our rolling carts, shopping carts, and hand trucks to move your items through the warehouse. Be aware at all times of any equipment that may be utilized around you and ALWAYS GIVE EQUIPMENT THE RIGHT OF WAY. This is for your safety!
- As you shop, please leave the area orderly. (Put signs back where they belong, remove boxes you empty, etc.) If you spill or break something, please clean it up.
- Observe the “Not for Agencies” signs. Take only the items that have been designated for agencies. Take only what your agency will use; in other words, for the group of people you have indicated on your green Agency Form.
- Please be respectful and considerate of other shopping agencies. Those who do not abide by our cultural values will be removed as a shopping agency.
- Please weigh your products, enter the total weight on the clipboard near the scale, and return your nametag.
- Please be finished shopping and leaving the parking lot by 10:15 am.
Danner boots are available to agencies to give to their program participants only after we have received your ‘Boot Processing System.’ Please use our Agency Boot Request Forms, printing the first and the last name of the recipient.
- The Boot Request Form must be completed and signed only by the ‘person in charge.’ When you leave these with us, we will fill the approved requests and provide the boots within the next 1-3 weeks, depending on availability. None of these boots have an applicable warranty. Please turn in your completed Boot Request Forms when you check in.
- AGENCIES MAY RECEIVE A MAXIMUM OF 8 PAIRS OF BOOTS PER WEEK, 32 PAIRS PER MONTH. You may submit more than 8 names on each Boot Request Form, although only 8 requests will be filled.
Monthly Service Fee
Birch Community Services is primarily a self-supporting agency. Our families and agencies pay a monthly service fee which covers operational costs (rent, gas, utilities, shrink wrap, etc.) and pays for our employees. We gladly give other agencies about 30% of our product. Agencies that come on a regular/semi-regular basis pay a $125 monthly service fee unless you are REGULARLY reciprocating with product. We currently accept check, money orders, or debit card
($3 merchant fee).
The agency service fee is due by the end of the month for the following month (ie. pay by October 31 for November). If you pay on the 1st for the current month, your payment is already late. You may pay in advance (quarterly, yearly, etc.) if you are interested in doing so. Each agency is allowed two late notices in a two-year period. Any subsequent late payments will incur a $50 late fee.
Holiday Schedule 2020
New Year’s Day
Wednesday, January 1, 2020–Closed
Monday, May 25 – Closed
Monday, September 7 – Closed
Friday, November 27 – Closed
Friday, December 25 – Closed
New Year’s Day
Friday, January 1, 2021 – Closed
All other weeks will be the regular Monday, Wednesday, and Friday schedule (Including MLK Day, President’s Day, etc.)
Weather/emergency closures will be posted on the front page of the website and sent via email. You can also check our Facebook page.
When a closure falls on your regular shopping day, please choose one of the two open shopping days to come instead.