Please make a file on BCSI for your use and have each person who will be representing your agency at BCS read through these guidelines.
- Agencies that have been cleared to participate may come to shop on Monday, Wednesday or Friday at 10:30am (Please be on time J.) Doors open (and check-in begins) at 10:15am, please do not line up at the front door before 10:15am. We also ask that you do not arrive in the BCSI parking lot before 10:00am. We have many volunteers and donors coming and going every morning and need the parking lot free until this time. Also, please bring only 2-3 helpers total to assist you, this helps avoid congestion in the parking lot. There is hot coffee available while you wait. You may return empty crates, etc., to the warehouse after 10:30am.
2. Choose one day as your regular pickup day and come weekly on that day. If you can’t come that day, you may make it up another day that week. It’s not necessary to call if you are substituting your regular day. Please have a consistent point person shop for your agency.
3. Please ‘check-in’ with the front desk person upon arriving. Open toed shoes/heels are prohibited in the warehouse. After checking in, please obtain your agency name tag. Anyone in the warehouse during agency time MUST be wearing their agency name tag. If yours is lost or misplaced, please see the front desk about getting a replacement.
- If you have been called for a special pickup, generally we like to have agencies with big trucks use our docks before 10:00am and after 1:00pm, and we may assign you a dock time.
- Please do not park in front of the large roll-up door, BAY #3, until after agencies have been through the “walk around”. We ask that you be gracious and take turns to allow others to have this close parking space. Agencies will be allowed to back up to BAY #3 ONLY while loading their product. Bay #3 will be open on a first come first serve basis. Do not park against the front building across from our docks.
- The white ‘needs and haves’ board on the wall and all flyers and paperwork (classes, drawings, etc.) in the front office are for our participating families only. All agency paperwork is located on the rack (where the clipboards are) in the warehouse.
- Please use our rolling carts, shopping carts and hand trucks to move your items through the warehouse. Be aware at all times of any equipment that may be utilized around you, and ALWAYS GIVE EQUIPMENT THE RIGHT OF WAY. This is for your safety! Please, no more than TWO people per agency in the warehouse at any given time.
- As you shop, please leave the area orderly. (Put signs back where they belong, remove boxes you empty, close refrigerator doors, etc.) If you spill or break something, please clean it up. Take only the items that have been designated for agencies. Take only what your agency will use; in other words, for the group of people you have indicated on your green Agency Form. Also, please be respectful and considerate of other shopping agencies.
- Please weigh your products and enter the total weight on the ‘Agency-Out Kiosk’ located in the warehouse.
- Please be finished shopping and leaving the parking lot by 12:15pm.
- Danner boots are available to agencies to give to their program participants only after we have received your ‘Boot Processing System’. Please use our Agency Boot Request Forms indicating the first and the last name of the recipient. The Boot Request Form must be completed and signed only by the ‘person-in-charge’. When you leave these with us we will fill the approved requests and provide the boots, within the next 1-3 weeks, depending on availability. None of these boots have applicable warranty. Please turn in your completed Boot Request Forms to any employee in the front office during agency check-in time. AGENCIES MAY RECEIVE A MAXIMUM OF 8 PAIRS OF BOOTS PER WEEK, 32 PAIRS PER MONTH. You may submit more than 8 names on each Boot Request Form, although only 8 requests will be filled.
- Birch Community Services, Inc. is primarily a self-supporting agency. Our families and agencies pay a monthly service fee which covers all operational costs (rent, gas, utilities, shrink wrap, etc.) and pays for our employees. We gladly give other agencies about 35% of our product. Agencies that come on a regular/semi-regular basis pay a $100 monthly service fee unless you are REGULARLY reciprocating with product. We currently accept cash, check or money orders. As of February 2018, we will be accepting debit card payments. There will be a $3 merchant charge for all debit payments, making the agency service fee $103 for debit and can be paid online via our website portal at bcsi.org.
- The agency service fee is due a month in advance by the end of the current month for (i.e. January is due by December 31). You may pay in advance (quarterly, yearly, etc.) if you are interested in doing so. If the next month’s service fee is not paid by the last day of the current month, the agency will receive a late notice. After three late notices, the agency will be asked to discontinue participation. This is the same policy we employ with our participating families. Any participating agency that does not attend for one month, and hasn’t contacted us, will be removed from the program.
- Please make sure we have a current green Agency Form (and required attachments) on file. We will update with you once a year.
- We do not provide childcare for agencies. In an emergency situation you may call the warehouse and see if there will be childcare available for you.
- Clipboards, shopping sheets, boot request forms, and extra agency guideline sheets are located in the rack by the east warehouse door (next to the shopping carts). Please do not use our ‘family participation’ forms for boots, etc.
- Agencies are not eligible to refer families for participation on this program. If you know a family in need, please have them read over our website at bcsi.org. They can apply for participation from our website.
Thanks for helping us to be as organized and efficient as possible!
Holiday Schedule 2019
Please mark your calendars for the following closures for the year 2019.
All other weeks will be regular Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule (Including MLK Day, President’s Day, etc.)
Weather/emergency closures will be posted on the front page of the website
and sent via email. You can also check our Facebook page.
When a closure falls on your regular shopping day, please choose one of the two open shopping days to come instead.
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27 – Closed
- Labor Day: Monday, September 2 – Closed
- Black Friday: Friday, November 29 – Closed
- Christmas Eve: Wednesday, December 25 – Closed
- New Year’s Eve: Wednesday, January 1, 2020– Closed