In the BCS warehouse, you can often find delicious leafy greens like bok choy on the floor or in the freezer area. Thanks to Henry for sharing his mom’s recipe for beef and bok choy to help you use up your personal stash of leafy veggies! And he has even included where you can find these ingredients in the warehouse (Thanks Henry!).
Beef and Bok Choy
- 1/3 C Soy sauce –front sauce area
- 1 TB Worcestershire sauce –front sauce area
- 1 TB Dried oregano –front spice area
- 3 TB Olive oil –front sauce area
- 1 Onion diced –veggie area
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced –veggie area
- 6 Bunches baby bok choy (Separate greens and whites. greens chopped, whites sliced into 1″ pieces) –veggie area OR
- 3 Bunches large bok choy (Separate greens and whites. greens chopped, whites sliced into 1″ pieces) –veggie area
- 1 lb. Beef stew meat or available beef (cut into bit size pieces) -freezer area
- 2¼ C water
- 2 C Wide rice noodles (hot and cooked), Fettuccine or rice would work
- Low-sodium soy sauce or tamari for soy sauce
- Kale, Collard greens, Beet greens, Swiss chard, or Turnip greens can be a substitute or addition.
- Substitute fresh with 3 packages of frozen chopped kale or other leafy greens –freezer area.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat; Sauté onions and garlic, remove, and set aside.
Add the remainder of the olive oil, along with the beef, browning on all sides, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in oregano. Add in soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir for a few minutes. Add water. Mix in onions and garlic, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat. Add greens. Then mix, cover, and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender. Stir in bok choy and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Add more soy sauce to taste, Serve over cooked noodles.