Do you enjoy working with people? Want to find a fulfilling, keep you on your toes job? If you said ‘yes!’ to those questions, then you would be a great addition to the BCS team. Below are the current job openings here at the BCS warehouse/office. Please read the listings carefully and send a cover letter and resume to the appropriate supervisor. We would love to have you on your team!
Warehouse Facilities Worker
Full-time position with potential for advancement
Must submit COVER LETTER and RESUME to be considered.
Birch Community Services, Inc.
17780 NE San Rafael, Portland, OR 97230
Contact: Andrew Rowlett at email@example.com
Hours: Monday and Wednesday 8:00am – 8:00pm (approx.), Tuesday 8:00am – 2:00pm (approx..), Friday 8:00am – 6:30pm (approx..)
Birch Community Services (BCS) Sustainable Families Program has been providing two core services to struggling families from around northwest Oregon and southwest Washington for over 26 years: a program that last year re-distributed nearly 9.5 million pounds of donated food and other products to 818 families, and a program of workshops to instruct adult members of participant families in skills to facilitate self-sufficiency: e.g. financial literacy, money management, household budgeting and backyard/community gardening.
Our goal is to provide financially struggling families with knowledge and skills to gradually emerge from assistance programs to economic stability, through a range of self-sufficiency workshops and the support and encouragement of staff.
This position has a close working relationship with over 500 participant families and 70 other agencies serving the community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College degree or equivalent experience. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Proven working experience in warehouse maintenance and operations. Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 30 pounds.
In general, responsible for intake, organization, and distribution of donated non-refrigerated product. Responsible for ensuring that warehouse safety and maintenance processes are maintained.
- Self-motivated to address warehouse needs in appropriate time frames.
- Orderly organization of warehouse space, and regular cleaning procedures.
- Inventory control and record keeping, in alliance with other BCS employees.
- Forklift and electric pallet jack operation.
- Management of safety procedures and record keeping, in alliance with other BCS employees.
- Appropriate management (with grace J) of numerous untrained volunteers.
- Driving to pick up product as necessary in BCS trucks.
- Interaction and servicing of other agencies and their representatives.
- Development of relationships with donors, in coordination with Operation Manager.
- Maintain the safe operation of all warehouse equipment and vehicle fleet, in coordination with Operations Manager.
- Maintain schedules for preventative maintenance and ensure that facilities are inspected regularly to identify current and potential maintenance needs.
- Oversee maintenance of accurate records of the condition of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, structural and other essential facilities and equipment.
- In coordination with the Operations Manager, assist in the continued development and implementation of policies and SOPs that provide clear standards and drive accountability in the cleanliness and safety of BCS facilities.
- Fully paid medical premiums for employee and family (up to $1000 max per month) after 2 months
- 3% matching 401K after one year
- Health Reimbursement Program (portion of pay set aside tax-free for healthcare costs)
- 2 weeks vacation yearly
- Five paid holidays yearly
- Discretionary bonuses
- Paid Costco membership
- Dependent Care Benefit (up to $5000 of pay set aside tax-free for childcare costs)
- Shopping privileges
Please submit resume and cover letter to Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please.
To print this job description, click the link below: