Warehouse Facilities Worker
Must submit COVER LETTER and RESUME to be considered.
Birch Community Services, Inc.
17780 NE San Rafael, Portland, OR 97230
Contact: Andrew Rowlett, Andrew@birchcommunityservices.org
Full-time position; potential for advancement
Above all else, embrace and internalize BCS’ guiding principles to best direct value creation for our participants.
In general, responsible for intake, organization, and distribution of donated non-refrigerated product. Responsible for ensuring that warehouse safety and maintenance processes are maintained.
Full time hours:
Monday: 8:00 am to approximately 8:00 pm.
Tuesday: 8:00 am to approximately 2:00 pm.
Wednesday: 8:00 am to approximately 8:00 pm.
Friday: 8:00 am to approximately 6:30 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Self-motivated to address warehouse needs in appropriate time frames.
- Orderly organization of warehouse space, and regular cleaning procedures.
- Inventory control and record keeping, in alliance with other BCS employees.
- Forklift and electric pallet jack operation.
- Management of safety procedures and record keeping, in alliance with other BCS employees.
- Appropriate management (with grace J) of numerous untrained volunteers.
- Driving to pick up product as necessary in BCS trucks.
- Interaction and servicing of other agencies and their representatives.
- Development of relationships with donors, in coordination with Operation Manager.
- Maintain the safe operation of all warehouse equipment and vehicle fleet, in coordination with Operations Manager.
- Maintain schedules for preventative maintenance and ensure that facilities are inspected regularly to identify current and potential maintenance needs.
- Oversee maintenance of accurate records of the condition of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, structural and other essential facilities and equipment.
- In coordination with the Operations Manager, assist in the continued development and implementation of policies and SOPs that provide clear standards and drive accountability in the cleanliness and safety of BCS facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: College degree or equivalent experience. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Proven working experience in warehouse maintenance and operations. Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 30 pounds.
Benefits include paid medical, two weeks vacation and one week of sick pay per year.
Please send resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Thank you!
To print this job description, click the link below: