Office Assistant/Driver Dispatch
Must submit COVER LETTER and RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
Birch Community Services, Inc.
17780 NE San Rafael, Portland, OR 97230
Reports to Suzanne Birch, Executive Director
Hours: Part-time; Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:30am – 6:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for scheduling volunteer pick-ups and communicating schedule to Operations Manager.
- Schedule volunteer drivers for donation pick-ups; find substitutes as needed and follow-up on missed donation pick-ups daily.
- General reception; answering questions at the front desk; assist volunteers logging volunteer time.
- Answer phone as needed, along with other staff members.
- Take payments as needed, post to SalesForce.
- Check in volunteer shoppers at 12:15pm; cover check in desk as needed.
- Cover volunteer shoppers meet and greet time prior to shopping (12:30pm).
- Agency Responsibilities:
- Agency check-in (10:15 to 10:30am)
- Name tags/barcodes
- Create new accounts/yearly updates
- Packets/forms updated and copied
- Boot requests reviewed and passed to Suzanne for approval
- Maintain and update SalesForce with:
- Regular/New Drivers and enter under ‘Affiliate Contacts’
- New Donors
- Assist with new individual and/or group volunteer orientation.
- General entering & filing of completed Agency Boot Request forms and participant boot cards.
- Run “Product Donations Today” report for Andrew; follow up with missed pickups.
- Edit MailChimp weekly email for driver needs. Advertise substitute pickups in purple.
- Check for New Donors, create New Donor accounts.
- Harvest e-Log (Preferably Monday).
- Submit a report for the incoming product received for the month to (the book keeper).
- Donation reports to business owners (i.e. 7-11, Harry’s, Costco) as requested.
- Staff Meeting Friday — Prepare safety assist print-offs/take minutes.
- Annual YTD Product report for the FY (Suzanne and Helen Beseda, the bookkeeper).
- Annual incoming product received for the year to Ravinder & Mr. Usman.
- Assist with entering CTV forms.
- Assist office staff with creation and editing of various SalesForce reports, Excel, and Word documents.
- Assist in the entering of new participant families as needed.
- Help contact and coordinate special item pick-ups with warehouse staff.
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to take initiative and perform duties without constant supervision within scope of responsibilities. Personal traits: enthusiasm, integrity, reliability, resourcefulness, strong work ethic, common sense, initiative and sense of humor.
Able to work and function effectively in a constantly changing environment. Capable of readily grasping and implementing such changes.
Must be able to function in a cooperative team environment and make positive contributions. Must be able to interpret instructions and communicate well. Knows how the work affects other areas of the team.
Education and/or Experience: Highschool diploma or GED. Knowledge of Microsoft Suites required, and knowledge of SalesForce database is preferred. Skills assessment and/or personality test may be requested.